Monday, May 12, 2008

Shadows and Gaps

Tree Silhouette

Sometimes it takes a silhouette to draw attention to a spectacular sight that otherwise might have gone overlooked. The shadows reveal the shape and fullness of an object on the horizon while the last rays of sunlight poke through the gaps.

Lying in bed at night, I often reflect on they life I led that day - my own silhouette. The shadows are my successes: The things I accomplished. The improvements I made. The positive impact I had on people. The gaps are my failures: The things I put off. The time I wasted worrying about myself. The kindness I failed to show to those around me.

Tomorrow, I hope that my silhouette is fuller and more defined than today.

1 comment:

The Story of Josh and Lauren said...

Your blog is awesome Graham. I wish I could write and send messages with such creativity and ability to connect.
Josh

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

VFXY Photos PhotoRing Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory
Add to Technorati Favorites