Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Twists and Turns

Straight lines can be interesting, but my eye is always attracted to the curves. I am much more drawn to ever changing twists and turns. Even when a straight line or a right angle would be more efficient or more practical, still I favor the wavy lines and the rounded corners. I prefer taking the winding canyon roads as apposed to the straight highway. I prefer the rolling hills to the flat plains.

Getty Curves

In the same way, I prefer a life full of twists and turns. Sure, the formulaic highway of life may be mapped out and well marked, but I believe the bends and curves of the less traveled paths make life more interesting and exciting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice composition to emphasize the curves of the building. And the clear blue sky adds a nice punch of colour.

Anonymous said...

I know you take all these pictures, but are all the colors natural? For example, is that sky really that perfect blue or is that color a little photoshop enhanced? Or is Southern California really that gorgeous?

Graham said...

Jim - Thanks!

Brian - I do retouch my photos, but believe it or not I didn't do much to this one. We happened to catch The Getty on a beautifully clear day. The smog of Los Angeles does not usually allow for such clear skies.

Sekhar said...

Nice shot.The sky and the turns look really good :)

The Reiboldts said...

I love getting to see the incredible pictures on your blog. You are so talented. I tagged you on my blog and maybe you can do it using pictures!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

VFXY Photos PhotoRing Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory
Add to Technorati Favorites